Our fresh farm produce, available for sale during the 2016 growing season, will include over 75 varieties of vegetables, fruits, and common and rare fresh herbs. Our farm is Certified Organic (by MOSA/USDA), which includes our pasture, orchard, vegetables, herbs, hops, cut flowers and mature perennials.
Grassroots Farm specializes in the production of top quality, highly nutritious, certified organic vegetables and specialty herbs. We are just beginning to share the long-awaited harvest from fresh seasonal apples, grapes, strawberries, rhubarb, horseradish, sunchokes, and asparagus with our customers.
We select several varieties of each vegetable we grow to further diversify our production.
- tomatoes- heirloom, hybrid, cherry and paste
- onions- scallions, fresh bulb and sweet
- garlic- green, fresh bulb, and cured
- popcorn- heirloom and hybrid
- cucumbers - pickling, slicing, and specialty
- lettuce heads and salad mixes
- kale- curly green, red russian, and lacinato
- rainbow swiss chard
- cabbage- napa, savoyed, red and green storage
- beets - red and gold
- turnips- purple top and hakueri
- radishes- french breakfast, multi-colored, and beauty heart
- potatoes- sweet and storage
We also grow and harvest wild culinary and medicinal herbs including chives, thyme, sage, parsley, dill, sorrel, basil, echinacea, oregano. Let us know what your fresh herb needs are… we can custom grow and harvest for you!
How can you get Grassroots Farm Produce?
- Through our seasonal CSA, delivered to Monroe and Madison, Wisconsin as well as Chicago, Illinois (Lincoln Square and Andersonville)
- Pick up directly from the farm! Contact us and call ahead for custom orders
- Wholesale inquiries- please contact us!
Why buy Grassroots Farm Produce?
• Add local flavor to your kitchen
• Enjoy high quality, fresh, and nutritious food
• Support a woman owned earth-loving farming practice
• Certified Organic by MOSA
• Gain access to our farm though visits, camping, work days, and our annual farm party
• Contribute to our local Midwestern economy, we certainly do whenever possible!