Bath bombs have become very popular nowadays. This form of bath fizzes adds essential oils, color and scents to your bathwater making bathing more enjoyable.
The ingredients used in bath bombs vary greatly. But, the primary ingredients are usually a bicarbonate and citric acid. When dry, these two ingredients do not react. But, once they are dropped in the water, the ingredients breaks apart and release carbon dioxide. The gas produced forms bubbles at the bottom of the bathtub or on your legs. This brings about the tingly and tickling sensation you feel once you hit the bath tub. As this happens, the fragrances, colorants, as well as the other ingredients in the bath bomb, are released. This process takes about two minutes.
Other ingredients used in bath bombs include essential oils. These oils give the water a pleasant fragrance. Some of them come with extra items such as petals, flowers, and glitters. They also come in different scents, colors, shapes and sizes.
Some people like to make their own bath bombs. While this is a good idea, you need to ensure you get the ingredients right. Some of the ingredients that you may use are citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, water, salt, essential oil, and colorants. These ingredients, however, vary depending on individual taste and preferences. The benefits of making your own bath bombs are plenty. Firstly, you don’t have to pay the exorbitant price that comes with some bath bombs. Secondly, you have the freedom to choose the ingredients that you want. This is particularly favorable to individuals who have sensitive skin.
Tips for Choosing the Best Bath Bombs
With so many bath bomb products in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the one that is perfect for you. Below are some useful tips that will enable your search for the best bath bomb to be less tedious, and more fun.
1. Quality– This should be your first concern before you purchase the bath bomb. Choose a high-quality bath bomb for the best bath experience.
2. Residue– Many bath bombs tend to leave residues on your bath tub. Unless you like cleaning up after an invigorating shower, then it is best you select one that doesn’t leave residue and stain your bathtub.
3. Ingredients– The ingredients in the bath bombs are very crucial. You should ensure you buy one that doesn’t have any harmful substances added to it. Additionally, you should stay away from the ones that have irritants. Limonene, alpha-isomethyl ionone, and linalool have been proved to be the most common irritants.
If you have sensitive skin, then it is advisable you choose the ones that are made from essential oils and natural ingredients.
4. Customer reviews– If you ever find yourself at a loss on which bath bomb is perfect for you, then you should do a little bit of research. Go to various sites, such as Amazon, and see which product has the highest customer satisfaction.
5. Personal taste and preference– Okay, so you have done your research and found a variety of great bath bombs in the market. The next step is to determine the scent and even the color that is appealing to you. After all, everyone has their own unique tastes
6. Long-lasting– The best bath bombs are the ones that last for a long time in the bathtub. It should fill the room with its relaxing aroma until you are through with your bath.
• The essential oils aid in relieving pain and muscle cramps.
• The salts in the bath bomb soften the water, thus moisturizing your skin.
• Once they dissolve in the water, they enable the soap to lather efficiently.
• They promote the health of your skin making it glow.
• They also promote the health of your hair.
• They act as stress relievers due to the calming effect they have on the body.
Different bath bombs come with their own fragrance, features, and benefits. This makes it challenging when it comes to choosing the best bath bomb. But, if you follow these simple tips, then you will be on your way to a sensational bath experience.